Username/Password issue

Guys I have a problem with the username and the password. I just set it up and it’s asking for the password. Now I know many of you are going to tell me to check the config.xml file and delete the part where it has and but I have already checked and found the config.xml but there isn’t any password nor username set up. so if there is anythning else that may help resolving my issue I would appreciate it. Thanks

I suggest you have a look at the proposed solutions here

If that does not help you, I think we need more information to support you e.g.

• Operating System (Win/Mac/Linux)
  • Wrappers (e.g. Synctrayzor?)
  • Do you have more than one user on that machine?
2 Likes

The Operating system that I am using is MacOS, and there is only one user on the machine

<gui enabled="true" tls="false" debugging="false">
        <address>xxxxxxx</address>
        <apikey>xk1dnz1Dd0rzTBjjtFFh7CXPynrxF12egC41</apikey>
        <theme>default</theme>
    </gui>

Note that this is the code that is on my config.xml file

Syncthing, using that config file, is not asking you for a password.

Well I do get your point that syncthing cannot be asking for a password assuming that it’s running on this config file so what I did was that I deleted this config file and restarted syncthing then when I checked I found that syncthing made another config file but it is still asking for a password I even tried running a find for any config.xml files and the only one I found is the one I deleted/

Some browser caching issue maybe? Try a different browser or force refresh the page.

You did stop Syncthing before editing config.xml and restarted it afterwards, right?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.