I’ve been working on a Windows host for Syncthing, and would like to share. The goal is to make Syncthing behave a bit more like a native Windows application (in the same vein as Bittorrent Sync). This means:
- Installation using an installer
- Automatically start on login
- Remove the need to open an external browser to interact with Syncthing. SyncTrayzor contains a built-in web browser, see the screenshot below.
- Close to a tray icon, and can show ‘Finished Syncthing’ messages from the tray icon.
- Folder watcher. This will watch your folders for changes, and alert Syncthing when it sees one. This means that changes can be picked up instantly by Syncthing, without having to wait for the polling interval to elapse. The folder watcher also honours Syncthing’s ignores, and won’t trigger for files that are being synchronized.
- Syncthing’s automatic upgrades still work
Please visit https://github.com/canton7/SyncTrayzor for more details and downloads.