Syncthing Windows Setup v1.21.0

Syncthing Windows Setup is a lightweight yet full-featured Windows installer.

Documentation and download: GitHub - Bill-Stewart/SyncthingWindowsSetup: Syncthing Windows Setup

This version includes a bug fix that resolves an issue for automatic upgrades in administrative installations.

Note to users: If your security software flags the installer as malware, please submit it to your vendor as a false-positive.

2 Likes

Runs very well. If at some point the issue with the virus scanner is fixed, it will be perfect.

grafik

How can we support, what should we test?

As mentioned in the first post in this thread:

If your security software flags the installer as malware, please submit it to your vendor as a false-positive.

1 Like

Done for the possible files. I add also to the exceptions, if possible.

In the follow case I got now a blockage, I cant handle as false-positive or exception

To solve this, I deactivate my scanner during the installation.

In my opinion your security software is far too aggressive. This is absolutely a false positive. powershell.exe is a core Windows file that it definitely should not be blocking. (I sometimes wonder if security vendors who develop tools for Windows actually understand how Windows security works.)

1 Like

I’m not so sure about that. Precisely because the powershell.exe is an elementary Windows application, its use is maybe to be announced if this is addressed via a script. If I open the powershell.exe manually, it opens and no messages like the above shown appear.

Well, finally I have no problem, during a installation I turn off the virus scanner for 10 minutes, I can leave that. This is how I have done so far. However, I have seen an issue on Github about installations on restricted computers and there it is a stroke of luck if a virus scanner can be switched off.

Finally, I have no idea to solve, but if I can help, please let me know.

The security software doesn’t seem to understand the principle that PowerShell is a program and not a security boundary.