Syncthing running but gui not available

Your init scriot is causing this, just run it in a separate shell to catch it, as the init script most likely restarts it, truncating the log.

Have same problem. Syncthing.exe is normal starting

11:05:29 INFO: syncthing v0.11.23 “Aluminium Ant” (go1.4.2 windows-amd64 default) unknown-user@syncthing-builder 2015-08-30 11:37:18 UTC 11:05:29 INFO: My ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11:05:29 INFO: Database block cache capacity 65536 KiB 11:05:29 OK: Ready to synchronize default (read-write) 11:05:29 INFO: Starting web GUI on https://127.0.0.1:8080/ 11:05:29 INFO: Completed initial scan (rw) of folder default 11:05:29 INFO: Starting local discovery announcements 11:05:29 INFO: Device xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is “XXXXX” at [dynamic] 11:05:29 INFO: API listening on 127.0.0.1:8080

but GUI not available. I can enter localhost ip and joined to GUI. It’s ok for me.

How it fix?

What do you mean you entered localhost and joined the gui, but then you say gui is not available? The gui is only available via the browser. Check third party contributions if you want a different native UI.

GUI is not available when i enabled options “Start browser”. This worked previously.

Just navigate there manually. It only pops up when syncthing starts, not when its already running

You might want to take a look at SyncTrayzor or Syncthing-GTK.

Hi!

I assume I have a related problem. I have syncthing running on three machines (OS X, Win 7, and Ubuntu 10.04). The Linux machine is a server and constantly on. It is the Linux server, where this problem happens - on the other systems I’ve never encountered something similar.

Problem description:

1. I start syncthing on the Linux server. Everything comes up fine, syncing works and I cann access the GUI via my web browser.

2. After a while (say 1 to 3 days - I havn’t found the time to measure it accurately) the GUI becomes unavailable (Browser times out.), but syncthing is still running and working fine without any delays. CPU or memory usage of the syncthing process is normal as always (checked the process via top in a ssh shell).

3. When I restart the syncthing process, the GUI is available again.

I have this problem since I started to use syncthing (version 0.10, I guess).

Send a SIGQUIT to syncthing and get the stack traces for us. We also fixed a bug related to thus, but I am not sure if its yet part of any release.

If there are two syncthing processes, send the SIGQUIT to the higher numbered one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.