Syncthing for macOS

Good to known, as a “test” I always update myself and see if everything went ok with the public release channel. And waiting 15 minutes is not a problem, just two coffee :slight_smile:

Does it alter any of the files/content inside like Google Drive does?

or is it going to be an equal copy?

No alterations.

1 Like

@jerryjacobs The macOS builder is biting the dust, kicking the bucket, soon to be pushing up daisies. This would be a good time to look into migrating the build to GHA or something else…

You can peek at the mac building happening in GHA for Syncthing, it does a bunch of stuff for the signing etc., and the builds can be pushed to Spaces for download. I can assist with the relevant secrets as needed.

4 Likes

Hi @calmh, I have setup initial github workflow for debug and release builds. You could modify the repository settings/workflow to match the release build with the correct secrets.

The debug build works, but the release build not yet (copied from syncthing).

Thanks!

@jerryjacobs I’ve done some things, but I’m not sure how it really fits with the build setup. We can discuss…

• I added an environment called signing which contains the secrets in question, currently limited to apply only to the develop branch
  • I added environment: signing to the relevant jobs in the build setup, you can see my proposed changes in the build-signing branch
  • I modified the branch protection of develop to require pull requests (though you, as an admin, can ignore this), otherwise it’s a bit too open

However, looking at it, the environment variables pointing to the signing certificate etc are those expected by Syncthing. But we’re not building Syncthing, are we? Is this picked up by the Xcode build stuff? I’m not certain how it works.

Hi @calmh, everything seems to be in place now. For the project I now also have a release branch. On this branch only the release build and notarize is performed.

Thanks, it worked faster then expected!

Ah good, it works as expected, all done?

1 Like

Yes, all done :-). Thanks for your effort and fast response.

1 Like

@calmh has the macOS builder been deprecated/scrapped/send to the dumpsite from Syncthing teamcity DevOps infrastructure? I have put the two project in pauze and removed the teamcity checks from the github integration in the syncthing-macos git repository. Do you want to keep the two teamcity projects for archival purposes or want them removed one day? The syncthing-macos project only relies on the appcast.xml deployer for Sparkle update. But this is a Linux-enabled build (go tool only).

Kind regards, Jerry