Most importantly, 0.5.0 will add much demanded functionality to sync only on wifi. This was kind of tricky to implement right, so there might be unexpected behaviour or bugs in that. Additionally, lots of enhancements that require big code changes, and general refactoring.
I installed beta 5 on one of my device but I could not use it. None of the buttons were working, ie no functionality visible when click on any of the buttons. Please bear in mind that any of the 4.8 ones work just fine on the same device.
Everything works fine here on Moto G with stock Android 4.4.4 except the ‘Select folder’ in the Folder Picker that crashes the App.
I really appreciate what you did with the UI and the new options.
Since you add some options to Synchting (sync only when charging and/or when wifi connected), I think it would be useful to see when Syncthing does actually something, when it did [log] and also if it doesn’t do anything showing the reason why (“Syncthing is waiting for WiFi connection and/or power cable”).
But I also noticed some problems that I missed, like repos not being displayed (sometimes?), so maybe you wanna revert to 0.4 and wait for the next update of this. Or actually upload a logcat so I can have a look at it.
Well syncing feels a bit better if I can get it not to crash. It took me 10 crashes to add a repository. Then it stop showing it in the gui, it is in the web gui though.
The other issue I am having is that it is persistently throwing a way a lot of makedir and chmod errors on 3 files even after the files are removed out of sync folder. My logs are litered with the error about this 3 files that do not even exist anymore. I added a single identical line to this
“I/SyncthingNativeCode(22723): [2JOJA] 03:16:18 INFO: mkdir: error: “xxxxxx” / “xxxxxxxxxxxx.pdf”: chmod /storage/emulated/0/xxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxx/xxx: operation not permitted”
The web gui says that 3 files are out of sync (the ones that do not exist anymore because I removed them to get rid of the errors which did not work). They all are pdf files that are about 50 mb each.
The other headache was that .5 started throwing existing repo id and it started renaming the repos with xxx~1( 2,3,) etc Even for the default Camera repo which i did not touch it in anyway. I am not sure because it is hard to get the debug log as well as I am getting millions of chmod mkdir errors ;(