Syncthing Android shows that the device is updated while it is still syncing

Syncthing Android shows that the device is updated while it is still syncing. I think this problem exists on Syncthing Desktop as well.

1 Like

It’s not “updated” but rather “up to date” . Not sure what the Android app says in English specifically, but it’s a known problem that the app doesn’t follow the same “vocabulary” as Syncthing proper (see https://forum.syncthing.net/t/why-folder-inactive-during-upload/18299).

When it comes to the issue at hand though, I think it should be marked as “syncing” when you’re uploading something to the device, and “up to date” when you’re downloading from it (or when it’s just idle). I’m not 100% sure here, so please correct me if that’s not the case. I believe it also is “up to date” when exchanging just indexes, without any actual file transfer going on.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how “updated” and “up to date” means different things, it is the same for me. I think the problem exist in Syncthing proper as well. I agree that it should be marked as “syncing” instead of up to date and “up to date” when you’re downloading from it (or just idle).

1 Like

Is “Yoga” the phone itself where you’re taking the screenshot, or another device? The status makes sense if it’s another device (that device is up to date, and you are downloading from it). If it’s itself then I agree that it looks wrong – and different from what the desktop/web UI does, as it does not display a status for the self device.

2 Likes

Yoga is my laptop, so it’s a different device. I might be misinterpreting it then, I thought it was the process that was “up to date”, not the device.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.