I upgraded syncthing (on linux laptops and Androids) to 0.14.45 on the 10th March, and as of yesterday, syncing to Android no longer works. syncing laptop to laptop is ok. The androids are a Google 6P and Px running 7.1.2.
creating a new file on the Android is not copied to the laptop.
creating a new file (say
abc.txt) on the laptop leads to, on the android:
- a. file
.syncthing.abc.txt.tmpis created but just stays there and is never renamed.
- b. the folder shows “Out of Sync”
- Updating a file on the laptop (say
xyz.txt) leads to, on the android:
- a. file
.syncthing.xyz.txt.tmpis created and seems to have the new content and is the correct size. (though if I open it it appears to be empty) but just stays there and is never renamed.
- b. the original
xyz.txtjust remains there.
- c. the folder shows “Out of Sync”
4 I can solve it by:
- a. deleting the original
xyz.txton the Android.
- b. renaming the new
- c. and then the folder will show as synced.
the log shows the following entries:
- tcp-client closed: protocol error: index update: “/.thumbnails”: filename is invalid
- tcp-server closed: protocol error: index update: “/1wiki-info”: filename is invalid
the first entry seems to be spurious - there is no .thumbnails here.
the 2nd entry is the top containing folder of the files in error.