syncthing 0.14.45 no longer syncs to Android (7.1.2)

I can see why the connection isn’t straight forward, the symptoms are manifold. To be perfectly honest, I didn’t try to wrap my head around all those symptoms, because when I saw the leading slashes in

tcp-client closed: protocol error: index update: “/.thumbnails”: filename is invalid
    tcp-server closed: protocol error: index update: “/1wiki-info”: filename is invalid

it was already clear that you are affected by the major problem Jakob linked to and unless that’s solved, I default to assuming any other problem is caused by that as well. So lets wait for 0.10.16.

And just to be sure because I my comments are possibly a bit snippish: Your reports are great and very much appreciated. Their quality (mainly that they include the relevant logs) made it possible to identify the problem immediately - so thanks for that.

OK, the problem seems not related to Android versions. It occurs in Android 6.0.1 and 8.1.0. It seems to start with the recently updated Android App 10.15 (syncthing .14.45). Installing the f-droid version 10.14 (syncthing .14.43) resolves the issue of broken (spasmodic) connections and incomplete syncing.

Other devices on my network are running .14.46-rc1. Rolling back to .14.45 on these has no effect on the Android devices.

(Sigh, come back Felix, you’re needed!)

a bit snippish

do not worry - not at all.

Your mild direct comments are welcome, and I massively appreciate the effort that goes into syncthing, and often remind myself often how grateful I was to drop dropbox.

(see New User Experience: Comparing Syncthing Vs Dropbox)

mc

2 Likes

I won’t be updating anymore either. I left my play store apps to update last night, woke up today in horror to find out every folder on Syncthing failed to synchronize to Windows PC. Went to IRC channel for support but didn’t get any.

I went back to Syncthing v0.10.2 on Android, but that was not all. Syncthing created 500 mb of .syncthing files which I had to scan & delete individually by opening the 30+ folders I was syncing to PC with Syncthing. That & a few other folders simply failed to synchronize, spent time setting them up again. Wasted 2+ hours on this. :frowning: I can’t believe a stable update pushed to the play store would break everything like this.

A new play store version 0.10.6 by Numotic is on its way today @downloaderfan you can update to that to clean up the mess.

Thanks @Nutomic for the new Google Play Store release, which seems to fix the problem. Do we still need to reset the db?

Also thanks for your development over the years.

No you don’t, the new release removes the faulty entries from the database.

1 Like

Just updated on Android from G play store to

• v0.14.45+1-gbf165d68

and synced, on 3 Androids.

All works, all now in sync. the sun shines and bluebirds sing - thanks.

Didn’t reset database.

I ran into this issue and reverted two Android devices to 10.4 (.14.43) on f-droid. While both are now working again, I had to -reset-database on three laptop and a Raspberry PI sharing a folder with the Android devices. Resetting deltas was not sufficient.

ST was showing a difference between local and global states. The difference was one file (70M) that had been deleted from one of the Android devices while it was running Android 10.5.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.