readdirent: no such file or directory (but the folder exists)

Filesystem Watcher Errors For the following folders an error occurred while starting to watch for changes. It will be retried every minute, so the errors might go away soon. If they persist, try to fix the underlying issue and ask for help if you can’t. Support

(topmost directory name) readdirent: no such file or directory

If I remember correctly, maybe a dangling symlink.

I made a slight mistake in formatting and wrapped something in arrow brackets instead of parentheses, can you reread the OP and see if your answer might be different?

I understand that the error message refers to the top level directory. I’m not sure that changes anything, necessarily, because the error might be saying essentially “couldn’t watch $topLevelDir recursively, because: no such file or directory” while the “no such file or directory” happened deeper.

But this is somewhat speculation, that’s not my corner of the code, it’s just something I remember seeing and that you can actually go look for on your system.

If it helps, the top level directory is on my phone’s SD card, and I’m using SyncThing Fork.

It helps to the extent that it now means Android (I recategorized the topic) and I have even less of a clue, except I know to eject myself from the topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

maybe you can post device and app version info plus a Screenshot (showing the rooted path configured for the folder) , please.

SyncThing version 1.13.1

Moto g7 Power

My phone isn’t rooted so maybe that’s why it fails

Running Android 10

I think it’s the same problem as discussed in Filesystem Watcher Errors - Android . I do not expect it to be specific to Syncthing-Fork. Can easily reproduce this on an emulator.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.