QNAP NAS package (QPKG) available

(Markus Dembach) #23

Philippe, i am really looking forward to your contribution for 0.12 , relaysrv and discosrv.

(father_mande) #24

Hi,

The new version is ready … BUT I just wait to consider the update phase … or I propose the new version (and people must change all nodes as it’s explain in release notes) … or I propose and update with coexistence of the two version to facilitate the update …

I have start on the second way … BUT this add difficulty (due to NAS structure … not so “free” as any standard Linux box … ) BUT I will get it out in few days (or hours if I get free time to work on it) when I have close my thinking phase"

Sorry for the delay …

Phillipe.

(father_mande) #25

Hi,

I have provide a QPKG for version 0.12.2 I have added corresponding exec (for ALL QNAP’s) for relaysrv … because it can be easily started and use … (but I will provide later a separate QPKG) For discovery server … I have to check more … sorry for the delay

I have added support for new TAS-x68 (hybrid Android/QTS (Qnap O.S.) system) in the NAS (QTS part)

I have to check also for some parameters (seems obsoletes) … due to the “very” temporary existence of structure in a NAS … I manage myself parameters in command line … so I will check it again or retrieve another approach …

BUT based on my tests … all at this time seems to works … (x86, x86_64, armel and armhf) …

Philippe.

(father_mande) #26

Hi,

Due to Askimet rules (so forum and admin rules) … I have been ejected by us …

So It’s the end of my participation to this forum …

bye. anybody wanting to contact us … know the forum where it’s possible.

Philippe.

(Jakob Borg) #27

You certainly haven’t been ejected. Your post above was held back for an hour or so as the (automatic) antispam system flagged it for attention. I released it when I came by.

(Markus Dembach) #28

Hey Philippe,

i really like your contributions to the Project… And as always the 0.12.2 package is working, as expected, like a charme. since you are familar with creating qpkg´s for the QNAP NAS Boxes, would it be possible to create also Packages for DiscoServer or Relay ?

thanks in advance…

Markus

Hello,

Is the TS-x28 supported? It’s not listed on qnap thread, but it’s an ARM v7 Dual-Core 1.1GHz.

Thanks

(father_mande) #30

Hi,

I think so … the auto selection for the architecture is based on the result of “uname -m” … so if uname -m output is : armv7l (like x31/x31+/x68 … no reason that syncthing don’t work …

Philippe. NB I am a user not QNAP … so I am limited in term of models and series

(Zdenek Drska) #31

Hey guys! I just wonder, is there any new development about Syncting? I regret I have ever bought Qnap 2 years ago in the first place… they just ignore all the good stuff - on Synology, this is not an issue… Thanks for any update here!

(father_mande) #32

Hi,

Nothing special … Syncthing auto update mechanism works as well … so no need to change the package (QPKG) … for now it’s v0.14.52 … it run on ALL Q.T.S. version up to last (at this time) one 4.3.5 Only few change … support arm64 QNAP NAS model …

The only target is to other a possibility to run Syncthing not as root (admin in QNAP) but this generate lot of constraints for the user … due to the QNAP software internal architecture … not difficult to do … but more to manage …

If you have a “special” request, don’t hesitate to post in QNAP forum … because the solution is not attached to Syncthing but certainly to QNAP environment.

Philippe.

(Zdenek Drska) #33

Hi, Please excuse my ignorance but where can I download the QPKG install package from? I have skimmed through the forum, but have not find any download link there…

Thanks, Zdenek

(Bob Hope) #34

You might wanna look here:

(father_mande) #35

Hi,

QPKG is here : https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=97035&start=270#p429896

Philippe. NB require a free registration

(Zdenek Drska) #36

Thanks, I have downloaded and installed, it has said successfully installed, but where can I find the program so I can begin with & set it up? It does not seem to be in the list of the installed software… Thanks for your further assistance, greatly appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

Zdenek

(father_mande) #37

Hi,

In QTS Webui top left menu you can have an icon (the syncthing icon) … just click on …it open a new windows with Syncthing interface … please read information in QNAP forum … for some reason (linked to QNAP architecture) some parameters (2) are forced at command line … so changed by another way that “normal” setting menu (it’s documented) Syncthing icon, also appear in App. Center (as any QPKG) You can move the icon to the webui desktop by a simple drag & drop

Philippe. NB I think you can get more detail on QNAP environment on QNAP Forum … this questions are out of the Syncthing forum target …

(Евгений Лапаев) #38

Wow. Many-many-many thanks to the developers!