Out of sync items are incorrect and not syncing

The thumb files might be generated by the NAS OS itself, so they get generated under a different user. Syncthing does not sync ownership.

Also, your NAS might not support chmod and only support ACLs which would prevent any permissions modifications. There is an ignore permissions option under the folder for this type of situations.

Nope, never. That explains your problem: The out of sync files can’t be modified due to permission problems. As Audrius said, you can use ignore permissions or you can investigate the files from the log and solve the actual permission issue.
These files should however result in a failed items entry in the web UI. When you restart the folder, does no failed items row show up for this folder?

Simon - I am not seeing any failed items when I pause and resume the sync from the Synology drive.

I will try ignore permissions and see if that helps.

@calmh @imsodin so I am still confused.

Syncing state can only happen within the puller loop, which means this is where we are at. Syncthing state doesn’t last long in case of errors. New puller loop tries 3 times, if changed is non zero, and then emits errors. How do failed files affect “changed” variable in puller iteration? I assume it doesn’t and we exit after the first iteration, exiting the loop and not emitting the errors event?

Failed items do still increase changed, it essential means to be changed not has been successfully changed. However I agree I am confused now that you bring this up: During syncing errors are cleared in the web UI as at the end of syncing a new list of failed items will be incoming (or not). So does the folder in this case ever come out of the syncing state (it should…)?

@marky_uk Do you have any log entries containing “Pausing puller for” for that folder?

So, setting “ignore permissions” on both sides has solved the problem in entirety, and very quickly indeed. I think a rescan occurred on both, and I was then told all items are in sync! See here - https://i.imgur.com/4yvqNT6.png

Can I help any more in debugging this issue, by supplying logs directly to either of you, etc?

I’m happy it’s now working - just to reiterate my setup is a Windows 10 PC at one side, and Synology NAS drive at the other

Glad it works. It is still unclear to me why you did’t get a list of failed items after pausing and resuming the folder. If you still have access to the old logs, I would still be interested in whether there is/are lines(s) containing “Pausing puller for” after pausing and resuming the folder.

Hi Simon

I have the logs and more than happy to share what I have but would prefer to do so directly. How can I send this to you?

Mark

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.