In general except hidden folders, but some ...

Hello, I work on Linux an wanted to use the following ignore list:

!.local/share/rhythmbox/

.*

In general all hidden files and folders of my whole home folder shall be ignored, but not the sub folder .local/share/rhythmbox.

But I get the error message: error while traversing /home/dirk/.gvfs: permission denied.

If I remove the line !.local/share/rhythmbox/ the error is gone, but then I miss this folder.

The problem is, to find all included (!) paths all paths, including ignored ones must be traversed.

The actual error you get comes from a limitation in the library used for the watching for changes feature: If it encounters any error while setting up watches, it fails, i.e. there is no way to just dismiss errors on ignored paths.

Workarounds: Change permissions such that syncthings user can traverse all folders in your home or disable watching for changes. The ignore patterns are fine.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, it was very helpful.

Ok I understand, that watching does not work in such case, but there is still one question.

1. I turned OFF watching and there I get the error messages: .gvfs permission denied. It seems to be that filter is NOT correct.

Thanks in advance.

Where do you get that error? And it looks like that’s not the full error message.

The error was shown above. But in the mean time I changed the access rights. I hope I won’t get trouble. The complete error message started with any support information. I don’t know anymore the correct content.

Thanks for your help, I think it’s ok now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.