Ignored files listed as "out of sync"

hi guys…

why are the “ignore patterns” files listed and counted as “out of sync”? They are not out of sync according to the settings I made. So everything is fine for me - but not for syncthing :flushed: a bit confusing

shouldn’t they not be listed as “files not synced because of patterns” instead of “out of sync”?

config: Master & slave

greetings

Eddy

3 Likes

I was pretty sure we did that, but then there is https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/issues/1538 so I’m not sure…

1 Like

ok-thanks…

Does this have anything to do with the “Folder “mp3s” isn’t making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s.” Messages I get?

On the device with some new files I get: 2015-06-10 13:34:26: Folder "mp3s" isn't making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s.

[A7EWF] 13:35:27 INFO: Puller: final: GetFileAttributesEx \\?\E:\Zeug\mp3z\#audiograbberOUTPUT: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
[A7EWF] 13:35:27 INFO: Puller (folder "mp3s", file "#audiograbberOUTPUT\\Matador - V-1.mp3"): dst stat dir: GetFileAttributesEx \\?\E:\Zeug\mp3z\#audiograbberOUTPUT: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

on the other device: 2015-06-10 13:30:44: Folder "mp3s" isn't making progress - check logs for possible root cause. Pausing puller for 1m0s.

[A7EWF] 13:35:27 INFO: Puller: final: GetFileAttributesEx \\?\E:\Zeug\mp3z\#audiograbberOUTPUT: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
[A7EWF] 13:35:27 INFO: Puller (folder "mp3s", file "#audiograbberOUTPUT\\Matador - V-1.mp3"): dst stat dir: GetFileAttributesEx \\?\E:\Zeug\mp3z\#audiograbberOUTPUT: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

Those log lines are from the same device?

Anyway yes, ignored files are listed among out of sync apparently, so that should be filtered away. Is the file you mention in the log output supposed to be ignored? Does E:\Zeug\mp3z exist? Is that supposed to be ignored?

the folder E:\Zeug\mp3z is the syncfolder, which has some folders in it to be ignored e.g. E:\Zeug\mp3z\#audiograbberOUTPUT etc.

and yes: it’s one of the devices…

Ignore patterns are relative to the folder root, not to the disk root If your folder starts at C:\a\b and you want to ignore C:\a\b\c, the pattern should be c\ and not C:\a\b\c

Looks like there may be a bug with the pattern matching, as it looks like it’s trying to pull a file into a ignored directory… What is the output of http://localhost:8384/rest/db/ignores?folder=mp3s ?

output of https://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/db/ignores?folder=mp3s?

this:

{"ignore":["\\#TraktorCollection","\\#TraktorRecordings","\\#audiograbberOUTPUT","backup"],"patterns":["(?i)^\\\\#TraktorCollection$","(?i)^.*\\\\\\\\#TraktorCollection$","(?i)^\\\\#TraktorCollection\\\\.*$","(?i)^.*\\\\\\\\#TraktorCollection\\\\.*$","(?i)^\\\\#TraktorRecordings$","(?i)^.*\\\\\\\\#TraktorRecordings$","(?i)^\\\\#TraktorRecordings\\\\.*$","(?i)^.*\\\\\\\\#TraktorRecordings\\\\.*$","(?i)^\\\\#audiograbberOUTPUT$","(?i)^.*\\\\\\\\#audiograbberOUTPUT$","(?i)^\\\\#audiograbberOUTPUT\\\\.*$","(?i)^.*\\\\\\\\#audiograbberOUTPUT\\\\.*$","(?i)^backup$","(?i)^.*\\\\backup$","(?i)^backup\\\\.*$","(?i)^.*\\\\backup\\\\.*$"]}

That’s a bug, there’s way too many backslashes in the expanded patterns. Try dropping the initial \ on those patterns, or possibly using / instead if it’s essential that they only match at the folder root. Restart syncthing.

with a normal slash (/) slash, syncthing ignored my ignore patterns and synced the ignored folders :smile:

without any slash it synced, but I don’t know what :flushed:

the first time I added the ignore patterns, syncthing didn’t really love my # in the folder name :disappointed_relieved:

Yeah… I’m slowly running out of old crap branches to take care of, so I can help finish and test the “Selective sync” stuff @AudriusButkevicius built. The ignore stuff is way overdue for an overhaul.

1 Like

nice! :smile:

I think I triggered this by ignoring files after they have been indexed. I’ll investigate this next week.

1 Like

I tried it earlier and a file from another device that ought to be ignored showed up in the out of sync list. The folder was still listed as up to date and 100% though.

Hi All,

I know this is an older post, but I’m still getting the same issue on 0.12.2. Specifically, I’m ignoring the .DS_Store files, but they’re all still showing up as out of sync. Any way to fix this? Thanks!

If you ignore that files on all devices or at least on the device where they are generated, they will not be put into the global index and all will be in sync.

The ignore patterns are on both devices, and the files are still showing as not in sync.

You have to restart both sides simultaniously for them to forget the files. Also, make sure the pattern is correct.

This bug exists still with v1.2.0 (win, Unbuntu). The “fix” mentioned in the thread (simultaneous restart) does not work for me.