How Syncing and Deleting Works? What should I do different?

renamed on receiver side, then the folder wasn there anymore some hours later, then just copied it over by hand…

now there are locally changed items, but not shown, which ones :wink:

i click on revert now, lets see what happens next…

the whole syncthing makes me more work, than copy by hand :wink: sometimes i seem to have two left hands or so :wink:

i still have faith, i would like to get it to work, i am still in love with the idea

i clicked on REVERT LOCAL CHANGES… then the last 2 things where solved. (even if i did not do anything on the receiver side locally to cause any changes… but okay)

its sync now

i leleted and moved stuff now at SENDER side… i get this grafik

i just need to wait now, till it syncs the deletion over, right?

is it a problem that the shared folder is so big? and the files so many? i have the watcher enabled at the SENDER side so i set periodic reScan to a big interval of 22h.

watcher is disabled at RECIEVER and scan every 6 hours. anything to advise with that setting?

its just waiting, now for 2hours grafik

Is there anything in the logs? Is it just staying in the preparing to sync state?

i get this now: grafik

LOG: 200626 syncthing.log (17.3 KB)

i could click REVERT LOCAL CHANGES… but why do i have to? why does it not just sync, without needing me to click something ? ( i have not touched the reciever side)

it cannot delete some ignored files on the reciever side, so i get those errors, right ?

mp3s are not ignored at my syncthing, i am a DJ, i need them

Sure, but what it’s saying that these directories are deleted on the other side, and ignored locally, so it will not get in sync unless you either resurrect those files on the other side or un-ignore them and let them be deleted on this side.

1 Like

I am pretty sure those failed items are red herrings (i.e. hinting at something incorrect): Some of the locally changed items are children of the failed items (the error reporting is fixed in v1.7.0: https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/pull/6647).

Did you play those files on the receive-only device? I guess the player stores metadata (play count, volume normalization, whatever), thus they are really changed locally.

2 Likes

@AudriusButkevicius thank you!!! that explains the behaviour, and i recognize that its my fault now!!! chears!

@imsodin red herrings? what is that? my receiving side already has v1.7.0

i never played the MP3s here on the receiving side this mashine is for having a second drive as some kind of a backUp :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.