FindFirstFile error

(Jordan Gomila Garriga) #1

For the following folders an error occurred while starting to watch for changes. It will be retried every minute, so the errors might go away soon. If they persist, try to fix the underlying issue and ask for help if you can’t. Forum

Menorca FindFirstFile \?\c:: El nombre de archivo, directorio o etiqueta del volumen no es válido.

with the update to 14.50 now both windows remaining in the sync servers are throwing these error, there wasn’t any change in the servers. I tried to change the C to c, but the error persist.

any workarround ? i looked at the forum and the message found is from 2015.

(Simon) #2

Google translate (well, you actually don’t need to translate to understand :stuck_out_tongue: ): The file name, directory, or label of the volume is not valid.

What’s the folder root path of the affected folder?

(Jordan Gomila Garriga) #3

from the error message Menorca FindFirstFile \?\C:: El nombre de archivo, directorio o etiqueta del volumen no es válido.

syncthing config folder C:\documentos compartidos\NewSync\Menorca

windows explorer folder C:\documentos compartidos\NewSync\Menorca

msdoc folder C:\documentos compartidos\NewSync\Menorca>

(Simon) #4

Weird, everything looks quite normal. Seems like some weird windows quirk - google doesn’t help me. Maybe someone with windows experience recognises the message.

I am having the exact same issue. I just downgraded back to v0.14.49 and the problem goes away.

I wasn’t able to resolve the issue on 0.14.50 even with changing the folder name or re-adding folders. It happened to all three windows machines that I have using SyncThing which were all set to auto-upgrade (which I’ve now disabled.)

(Simon) #6

How did this not happen to a single RC user?!

Can any of you run Go scripts (i.e. have Go installed or are willing to)? I.e. I provide a small script where you’ll need to enter a folder root path resulting in the failure and it will check a few things to narrow down the source of the problem.

Tell me exactly what you need me to install and what to run and I’ll do it for you :slight_smile:

Seeing the exact same error after automatic update to v0.14.50, Windows (32 bit), on two old machines with Windows XP Pro SP3. Haven’t tested extensively, but sync appears to be working both ways in spite of the error message on both PCs.

So what’s the best solution, roll back to v0.14.49 and stay there, or hope that a future release will fix the error? Will v0.14.49 keep working indefinitely (as long as XP :wink:)?

Waiting for a fix, we still can ignore or disable fsWatcher

(Audrius Butkevicius) #10

Xp is not supported so if it works, it’s an accident