Elemente lassen sich nicht synchronisieren

So all folders match on both sides, it’s just remote device completion state that does not match?

Yes exactly. Actually is the same as in the morning:

The both Synology´s are connected over Internet.

Try shutting both of them down, starting them with -reset-deltas command line and starting them back up again.

I have done, but there is no change.

Did you run it on both sides?

Yes, on both sides. Currently, Im working at another computer and screen so I can show the whole GUIs:

Well the file count between the two disagrees, so that must be coming from one of the folders. Unless the folders shared between them are different.

Server 1815 has more peers with other devices, such as server 412. Hence the difference 1,377 million to 1,352 million. The displayed, non-synchronized elements concern four peers, which connects only these two servers. There are no other connections in that to other devices.

I have no idea what you mean by peers when you also use devices in the same sentence.

Anyways, I don’t really have any more suggestions. Reset deltas should have fixed this. You can check that it worked by checking the logs after startup next time, it should talk about new index.

Perhaps run reset deltas and provide the logs.

Hi:

This is interesting to me - it’s what I’ve seen too (but never been able to reproduce in a test case), that Remote Device completion reporting often doesn’t match the state as seen on the device itself. (Note: I’ve only been running pre 1.4.0 versions, so I don’t yet know if my situations are mitigated by this yet.)

I think I understand what Andy is saying:

• Server 1815 has more folders shared with other device than server 412 does - hence the difference in number of files;
  • The out-of-sync file listing in the remote devices only shows files in 4 shared folders; these folders are only shared between these 2 servers.

Exactly, thats the situation.

With “Peers” I mean “Folder”. I use the naming peer only because in each “Folder” you have also folders of the synced filesystem, maybe it could be a confusion, thats all.

As I’ve said reset deltas should fix that, and I suggest you check logs as you’ve done it to verify it was done correctly.

There is also stindex idxchk utility mentioned in other threads that you can run on both sides to verify the database consistency.

1 Like

The state I described could not be fixed with -reset-deltas. I unconnect the affected 4 peers (folders) on the Synology 412 and reconnected them. Now this side is reported as “Current”.

It is not understandable. Again all the peers (folder) are “current” on both sides, nevertheless:

Now on Synology 1815 I have a total of 6 peers (folders) with 10.391 elements, which are output as “Out of Sync Items”, which were synchronized before of the above process. None of these 6 designated peers was previously one of the 4 peers (folders) on the Synology 412.

How can this be explained? I don’t know how to neutralize “Out of Sync Items”.

Run the stindex tool I suggested, see what comes back.

You can download it from https://build.syncthing.net/viewLog.html?buildId=56740&buildTypeId=Syncthing_Tools&tab=artifacts&branch_Syncthing=<default>

1 Like

I loaded in bin folder

/var/packages/syncthing/target/bin/stindex

I have to run with any parameters?

Yes - you need to give it some flags, and point it at the index folder in your Syncthing home:

stindex -mode idxck \foo\bar\index-v0.14.0.db

First run:

root@Synology:/var/packages/syncthing/target/bin# /var/packages/syncthing/target/bin/stindex -mode idxck /var/packages/syncthing/target/var/index-v0.14.0.db/

-ash: /var/packages/syncthing/target/bin/stindex: Permission denied

root@Synology:/var/packages/syncthing/target/bin#

Is also closing of all the instances needed?

Yes - shut down Syncthing on the machine you’re running stindex on.

Done, result:

root@Synology:/var/packages/syncthing/target/bin# ps -e | grep syncthing

root@Synology:/var/packages/syncthing/target/bin# /var/packages/syncthing/target/bin/stindex -mode idxck /var/packages/syncthing/target/var/index-v0.14.0.db/

-ash: /var/packages/syncthing/target/bin/stindex: Permission denied