Disable UPnP instructions

Hi, I’ve got a syncthing server fully set up on multiple devices but want to make them all none-accessible through the internet by disabling UPnP.

1. I can’t seem to find the setting in the config.xml file for disabling syncthing from using UPnP, pointers?
  2. If I disable UPnP on all but my always on Raspberry Pi running syncthing, will I still be able to sync to the raspberry pi install of syncthing even when I’m not on my home network? Basically, I want to be able to connect to the RPI (which is always on) from anywhere in the world but close down UPnP on all the other devices running syncthing. Will this work and how do I disable UPnP on the various devices?

UPnP (and PMP) are controlled by the “Enable NAT Traversal” checkbox in settings, you can disable it there. The corresponding entry in the config file is natEnabled in the options section.

Things will work as long as either side can connect to the other, so as long as one side has a working port forward by UPnP or manually things should be OK.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.