Cant start SyncThing

I had installed SyncThing on Windows 10 first with SyncThing zip file. After reading YouTube post, I deleted that and installed with SyncTrayzor. Now SyncThing wont start and there seems to be a problem with the version of config file. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Part of SyncThing log file:

[4OUW7] 09:32:27 INFO: syncthing v1.2.0 “Fermium Flea” (go1.12.6 windows-amd64) teamcity@build.syncthing.net 2019-06-28 06:03:29 UTC [4OUW7] 09:32:27 INFO: My ID: 4OUW7GN [4OUW7] 09:32:27 INFO: Single thread SHA256 performance is 134 MB/s using minio/sha256-simd (100 MB/s using crypto/sha256). [4OUW7] 09:32:27 WARNING: Failed to initialize config: Config file version (32) is newer than supported version (29). If this is expected, use -allow-newer-config to override.

You downloaded an old version.

The issue is that SyncTrayzor currently bundles a very old version, which doesn’t have the improved auto-update yet.

You had a recent version of syncthing running, but when you installed SyncTrayzor it “downgraded” your syncthing version, which will now refuse to start. You can either clear all syncthing settings, by deleting the config folder, or manually upgrade the syncthing.exe shipped with SyncTrayzor.

Possible solutions (one of these should do):

1. The syncthing.exe normally used by SyncTrayzor is stored in %AppData%\SyncTrayzor. You can try manually updating the binary (any recent version from GitHub will do)
  2. Open a terminal in %AppData%\SyncTrayzor and try running syncthing -upgrade
  3. Delete everything in %LOCALAPPDATA%/Syncthing (This will reset everything)
1 Like

Great support thanks, that fixed it. Option 1 on main desktop and option 3 on laptop.

Grunter

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.