14.19 on Raspberry PI3

My PI3 has been running syncthing happily on 14.17 during my three week absence overseas. On return, I upgraded to 14.19 and syncs with other machines (Ubuntu 16.10, amd64, syncthing 14.19) failed, or very slowly progressed, even with small files, never reaching 100%.

Return the PI3 to version 14.17 and all is as expected. I have not tried 14.18.

If needed, I can return to 14.19 and share logs, etc.

Yes logs would be useful.

Log below records 4.19 on RPI3, I then installed 14.18 and all is normal. Problem seems between 14.18 and 14.19.

14.9 log.txt (8.7 KB)

Thats not the right log. It logs to stdout.

How do I do that? (Be gentle!)

Depends on how you start syncthing. If you use a service manager, the config file for syncthing should point to a file where the stdout is redirected. If not, there is no log.

If you start it manually, you will have the log in your console.

In advanced settings try setting limitBandwidthInLan and set in and out rates to 10240 and see if it starts working.

Just to make sure, does your Syncthing version states something like “Linux (AArch64)” or “Linux (ARM64)”?

A full syncthing -version output, if you can do it, would be nice.

@calmh, @wweich version is: syncthing v0.14.19 “Dysprosium Dragonfly” (go1.8beta2 linux-arm) jenkins@build.syncthing.net 2017-01-10 07:50:11 UTC

I’ll try Audrius’ suggestion and report result soon.

Cool. Going by the output of that, it’s probably not the same issue though.

I tried Audrius’ suggestion with no improvement.

Results from cli restart are attached.syncthing cli result (4.3 KB)

Reverted to 14.18 for now. Thanks for support

You did not apply my suggestion:

[2XBJL] 06:41:59 INFO: Send rate is unlimited, receive rate is unlimited
[2XBJL] 06:41:59 INFO: Rate limits do not apply to LAN connections

@ Audrius Sorry, I think I failed to save the setting.

This log shows the settings you suggested, but still similar result – sync stalls at 99% with 18 files out of sync.syncthing cli output (4.3 KB)

Out of sync modal should explain why they are out of sync.

Is that something I can change?

By modal he is talking about the pop up in the GUI. Click on the link that says out of sync files and it will explain why they are out of sync.

Thanks Kluppy.

@Audrius Modal shows no progress for out of sync files.

I’m seeing a similar problem on a machine running Ubuntu 16.10, amd64, syncthing v0.14.19 “Dysprosium Dragonfly” (go1.8beta2 linux-amd64) jenkins@build.syncthing.net 2017-01-10 07:50:11 UTC

Reverted to 14.18 and sync is normal.

You are syncing databases, it’s unlikely syncthing will ever get to a 100% as these files change faster than we can download them.