Wrong syncronization status?

From syncthing web I added a remove device which was offline: I had the device id and I put it in the proper place.

After that I defined a folder to syncronize with the remote device I had just created.

After a few seconds, the folder bar said (and still says) “Syncronized”. But the device never went online.

I thought it was a bug, someone told me it’s the expected behaviour.


Version Information

Syncthing Version: v0.14.48, Linux (ARM) OS Version: debian (Netgear ReadyNas)

From it’s perspective it’s synchronised as it has no idea what the remote device has or does not have.

Sync status is based on information we know, not on information we do not know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.