Wrong status (disconnected/up to date), speed

I’m trying to sync my phone and laptop. More often then not the connection is dropped and also, even when it’s syncing I get wrong status on bpoth laptop and phone. I.e. right now the phone says syncing (device) 5%, and the computer says “up to date” (device) while the directory syncing says “syncing 6%”.

Another issue is speed - I get 25-50 KiB/s, why?

Some of these are answered by the FAQ.

The sync actually fails almost always. I just started the app, it synced a few files, then left the most newest file on phone and didn’t sync it. The folder says “Error”. The device is 99% of the time “Disconnected”. There has to be a way to get an explicit detailed status and reason for the Error and lack of connectivity. This is ridiculous.

Which version do you use?

14.47 I think I know what the problem is. I tried other apps to sync phone (Xiaomi Redmi 4 note) and laptop, and couldn’t get through to the phone (using ftp i.e.) So I figured that phone comes with firewall and since it’s not rooted, I can’t deactivate it (don’t even see a grayed out option) Weird though that it did work for some files to be synced…

Just a wild thought: does disabling the local discovery in syncthing options and setting static ip adresses according to the docs help?

Do you still need help on this?

Tried this, it didn’t help.

I gave up on Syncthing. Completely unreliable, and UX is bad - I would add a “sync now” button that will report a meaningful result status whether it succeeded to sync or not. I can’t just sit and wait an our for the program to decide on it’s own when is it time to start another sync attempt.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.