Where are settings stored and how to restore

So I installed Syncthing on my QNAP a few months ago. Syncthing and TS-231 IIRC I got it from qnapclub repo and it seemed all good for all this while. Yesterday I had to restart my NAS and surprisingly I have lost the folder that was being synced as well as the remote devices, which at the moment were 1 each. But I was planning to add other devices and thought I would restart the system before I add… So anyone with a QNAP know where I should dig the settings for, assuming it persisted somewhere? and within the Syncthing, is there a import setting option, or would it be find the old setting file/folder and copy it to new location(which I dont know where it would be either)

Bump. Hopefully I can restore my old settings and dont have to start from scratch

You need to find Syncthing’s home/config directory, where the config.xml has the config and cert.pem & key.pem are the device identity. By default that’s in ~/.config/Syncthing respectively whatever is the particular system’s default place for config. And I have noclue what that is for QNAP. If you used defaults, syncthing --paths will tell you where that is. However given the config is “gone” and these NASes rarely ever do something standard, that’s probably not where it is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.