What is the right way for deleting a device?

I have a folder that is being shared by 5 devices. One of these devices has little disk space and I want to remove it from the sharing network. But when I try, I always receive messages that other devices want to keep sharing that folder again and again. I tried to delete this device from the others, but they keep sending me sharing messages. What is the correct way to erase a device?

Thanks.

Unshare the folder from the other side

I did that too and it didn’t work. If I unshare the folder from the other devices, “automagically”, it appears checked again.

You have introducer enabled somewhere

I’m not familiar with “introducer”, I don’t know what is it. Is there any information about it?

Sorry, I found it: https://docs.syncthing.net/users/introducer.html?highlight=introducer

Check the docs.

OK, probably a duh question but I’m getting a new computer and passing on my not so old other one to someone else, with whom I don’t want to share, only want to share between my laptop and desktop. So…, from what I read maybe it would be best to first add the new computer, let the three sync (quicker say the docs., with more computing power) and then unshare the folder from “the other side” meaning the one I’m donating? Thanks.

Just remove the one you are donating from every other device once you are done.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.