The commit message for https://github.com/calmh/syncthing/commit/8e05208 is:
Send default permissions 0777 on directories when IgnorePerms set
that’s sounds not really like “Ignore Permissions”
What’s happen here exactly?
Does new directories added to the index with 0777 ? Result is: on every node the directory will be created with 0777 ?
Now i have a clean test environment, created with my scripts from:
- two linux notes, with “Ignore Permissions” == OFF
- two windows notes, with “Ignore Permissions” == ON
- rescan interval is set to 3s
- every node has fixed IP
- one repro shared to all
- created a folder “test01” under linux. chmod is 0755 (default)
- new folder synced on all nodes
- after sync, i change folder “test01” to 0770 on Node A
This change doesn’t synced with the other linux node. Then i make this:
- rename “test01” (the 0770 folder) to “test02” on Node A
This results in duplicated folder (test01 and test02) on all nodes. Maybe related to differed permissions?
- created on windows Node A a new folder “win01”
- wait for sync to all nodes (permission under linux: 0755)
- rename “win01” folder on windows node to “win02”
sync works fine, no duplicated folders.
Sorry, no more time, for more tests, now…
I moved a post to an existing topic: [v0.8.10] Ignore Permissions
IMHO move this into a FAQ