what can I do with syncthing with go project

I want to use syncthing to be fixed in mine project.What Can I do this ?

Welcome to the community! Could you please restate your question, it’s not at all clear to me what you are asking.

I want to hybrid syncthing in project,I have another demand in project and one code will be work at all.

Are you saying that you wish to include the Syncthing code in another project?

If that is the case, then you already have the explicit permissions granted in the syncthing/LICENSE at main · syncthing/syncthing · GitHub MPL 2.0 license for the project, which is linked at the source code for the project, GitHub - syncthing/syncthing: Open Source Continuous File Synchronization

Simply, you have permission to use the source code to do almost anything you want, as long as you copyright your software and license it with the same MPL 2.0 license – which also requires you to freely provide your source code.

There are ways you can make use of the Syncthing source code without licensing your code if your software only uses the Syncthing source code without modifying anything in it (as a “library” or sub-program).

The short version: If you license your software under the same MPL 2.0 and release the source code, then everything is fine.

If you want to license your software under a different license, that is possible, but you should really seek legal advice before proceeding further.

If you wish to do something with the Syncthing code that exceeds the MPL 2.0 license you will have to request permission from every person who has contributed code to the project. In short, it will be nearly impossible to do so.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.