Using Linux Arm version with chroot Debian on Android

Hi

I have been having bunch of problems with ST on Android. Then I have started using straight libsyncthing.so as root which solved a lot of the issues on both my my devices however one of the devices is having occasional process freezes which I cant pinpoint the real issue so far. Using it as a root was great step forward for stability for me but not enough.

So I decided to install Debian on my Android using chroot process. I am not replacing Android just using Debian Arm on it. You can simplfy the process by using https://github.com/guardianproject/lildebi. Basically install the apk and the Debian image provided. if your device is good to go , it will work and you will get an actual working Debian chroot which has all the Linuxness you can enjoy.

I did all that. Then I went ahead and downloaded ST Linux arm. Now Linux arm is working on Debian chroot on my android. It is all legit for now. I will try to report any issues from now on if I seem to get.

So far it seems to be stable and I am getting and sending files. It seems less snappy (ie figuring out changed files response time) but not too bad. I also copied my keys, configs to chroot home. That works too

2 Likes