Understanding "Override Changes" button.. Can it go when default is "Send Only"

Have started using SyncTrayzor lately and finding it quite useful…

Have a simple query… I have setup one way transfer from my phone to Desktop… I want to retain every file sent on Desktop as Archives but when I remove the a few from the Phone it gives me a Red button with “Override changes” … What is the option to accept the situation for removing the red error status, if the arrangement is known and understood… Something to skip/ignore if its forced “One way” “Send only” as it keeps giving “Out of Sync” Can there be a use case where in “Send only” only the files at the sender device is checked and not vice versa to avoid confusing error/message ?

Syncthing is bidirectional, it makes device A and device B look exactly the same (in sync).

You are trying to make it do things one way (in reality you just want to transfer from A to B, no syncing at all, you don’t care if they look exactly the same), and it’s telling you that it’s not meant for that.

Send only only means I don’t expect others to make changes (and if they do, I’ll throw a big red button). Receive only means the opposite, I don’t expect to have changes locally (and if they happen, it throws a big red warning).

So no, you can’t just start deleting files with these folder modes enabled and expect that everything will be fine.

You either need to run with send-receive mode and allow the deletes to propagate back, or potentially look for different software (it seems you are more after backups rather than actual bidirectional syncing).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.