Two syncthing devices on same network "Connected to myself"

Hi! I have two syncthing devices on the same network and i’m getting this error when trying to connect them to each other:

connected to self (20:09:56)
context deadline exceeded (20:12:10)

One device is a RBPi 3b+ running on 192.168.0.110:8384 and the other is a server running docker, on 192.168.0.118:8384

In the logs i’m getting:

Connected to myself (RZOGW5U-...-SNVR5QQ) at [::]:22000-85.229.xxx.xxx:22000/quic-server/TLS1.3-TLS_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256 - should not happen

And i’m guessing that is has something to do with both using the same ports, but i changed the port 20000 to 20001 on my server.

Can you guys help me? Thank you!

These are the API/web UI addresses/ports, they have nothing to do with connections.

Connected to self is not in itself a problem, that usually happens if you have two devices listening on the same port behind a NAT.

If you get no connection, not even relay, you probably have a problem with firewall or docker networking. If you only get a relay connection, you need to either make sure local discovery (broad/multicasts) work or setup port forwarding (or enable upnp) on your router.

I turned off NAT in settings and manually set the IPs for the two devices in their respective “add remote device” and that solved the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.