Two folders created for the same shared folder

I enabled auto-accept to create new folders on both my devices. When I choose a folder, “Downloads” on my phone, it goes ahead and shares it and syncs with my PC, and a folder named “Downloads” is created on my PC default path. The next time that I turn my PC on and run the server, a new folder is created on the PC with the name of " [folder id] ". This I have to sync every folder twice! How can I get around this? I don’t want to turn off auto-accept since I want to be able to create folders remotely on both parties.

I can’t reproduce what you describe, but it sounds like the configuration is removed / overwritten by something after the initial auto accept, causing it to forget that the folder was accepted. Check that you’re running recent versions on both sides, and check the logs after the initial auto accept on the PC?

this is before I pause the device -> INFO: Auto-accepted xxxx folder “Test” (kws43-wytnr) at path C:\Users\Henry\Desktop\Phone Sync\Test this is after I paused the deviced and resumed it again -> INFO: Auto-accepted xxxx folder “Test” (kws43-wytnr) at path C:\Users\Henry\Desktop\Phone Sync\kws43-wytnr INFO: Device xxxx folder “Test” (kws43-wytnr) has mismatching index ID for us (x != y)

xxxx being the device id

To recreate this, select a folder on the phone to sync, and don’t add that folder manually to the pc, (activate auto-accept on both ends), then the “test” folder seems to be created and well synced in the default path of the pc. When the sync is over, go ahead and pause the phone from pc and resume it, wollah! a new folder with the folder’s id is created , as the folder’s name. Meaning there will be two folders, one with the name “Test” and the other with the name " folder id ".

Yeah pause/unpause doesn’t cause that problem for me. However I noticed that the folder didn’t actually show up in the GUI automatically when it was auto-added, I had to reload, so I guess if you had the GUI open, the folder was auto added, and you then paused without ever seeing the folder in the GUI this could happen. (Because the GUI does a full config post which could remove the auto-added folder.)

mmm the GUI is open on both ends while syncing but no matter how long I wait, it doesn’t adds the folder automatically on the pc. 1.Does it have a specific time period that I should be aware of? 2.Also could you please check this

Is it the case for me too? If so, how can I avoid it when the Folder has already been created automatically and in the second run after resuming, considers it as an alien folder.

Try reloading the GUI on the PC. I just said it didn’t actually show up in the GUI automatically for me (which is a bug).

yes reloading solved the folder not showing up in the GUI, so I reload the page and the folder was there in the GUI but after pausing and resuming, the new folder is still created and the sync occurs with new folder not the initially created folder

The same here with Linux Mint on which is auto-acceptance of a device is activated. I synchronized a peer between two desktops (Windows 10, Linux Mint) and everything is correct until the Linux shutdown, the folder name and folder ID are also displayed correctly.

After restarting the Linux computer, a second folder with the name of the folder ID is created parallel to the folder with the folder name, with which all further updates are done. Further, all content in the GUI are still correct.

If I delete the peer and uncheck Auto-Accept and reconnect the peer, I have to connect it clearly manually. This connection with the folder name is then retained even after a restart, i.e. no parallel folder with the folder ID as folder name. There is clearly a problem with Auto-Accept.

Exactly

The problem doesn’t occur when the auto-accept in off, but that’s a big issue for me, since I intended to be able to create folders remotely on both devices.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.