I am trying to sync two machines (Mac and Linux) connected to the same LAN through a wired connection and I am getting much lower transfer speeds then I expected. It maxes out at around 20Mbps, but spends most of the time around 1 Mbps. I don’t really know what speeds to expect but I certainly expected much faster.
I’ve dug around on the forum and FAQ looking for a way to improve it but haven’t found anything. If I’ve overlooked anything please point me in the right direction.
Here is what I’ve checked:
- The connection type is TCP
- Tested connection speed using iperf and measured circa 500 Mbps
- Checked CPU usage - well below 10% on both machines
- Disk usage is also low
- Not using encryption as far as I can tell
- No rate limits on either machine
Would appreciate any suggestions or referrals to other resources