"There is not enough space on the disk." but I have tons of GB free...

I’ve got a couple of large .mov files (~13GB) that I need to sync to my computer. My machine is running a few sync’d folders on two drives, the one in question on an external with 73.8GB free (the main drive has 41.4GB free).

These files will not pull and complain “There is not enough space on the disk.”

Help?

Edit: Windows 10 pulling and Linux hosting. 64-bit. 0.13.9 on both.

Does the error say how much it’s expecting to be there?

You can also reduce the required amount or disable the check in the folder settings.

Is your external drive formatted with FAT32 (which cannot handle large files)?

@Simpleton Yes! It is! That must be it.

@calmh ^

It also could be a different disk, the one that holds syncthings db.

All of which would have been clarified by seeing the actual, full error message (hint hint).

I know, I know :slight_smile:

I’m at work. I’ll paste it when I get home.

1 Like

pictures\IMG_0487.MOV"): dst truncate: truncate \?\d:\Marianne\Pictures\ipad pictures~syncthing~IMG_0487.MOV.tmp: There is not enough space on the disk. [M5A5I] 21:55:06 INFO: Puller: final: truncate \?\d:\Marianne\Pictures\ipad pictures~syncthing~IMG_0487.MOV.tmp: There is not enough space on the disk. [M5A5I] 21:55:06 INFO: Puller (folder “Marianne”, file “Pictures\2015-10-17 iPad\IMG_0487.MOV”): dst truncate: truncate \?\d:\Marianne\Pictures\2015-10-17 iPad~syncthing~IMG_0487.MOV.tmp: There is not enough space on the disk. [M5A5I] 21:55:06 INFO: Puller: final: truncate \?\d:\Marianne\Pictures\2015-10-17 iPad~syncthing~IMG_0487.MOV.tmp: There is not enough space on the disk. [M5A5I] 21:55:06 INFO: Puller (folder “Marianne”, file “Pictures\ipad pictures\IMG_0487.MOV”): dst truncate: truncate \?\d:\Marianne\Pictures\ipad pictures~syncthing~IMG_0487.MOV.tmp: There is not enough space on the disk. [M5A5I] 21:55:06 INFO: Puller: final: truncate \?\d:\Marianne\Pictures\ipad pictures~syncthing~IMG_0487.MOV.tmp: There is not enough space on the disk.

The file system is saying “not enough space” when we try to create the file. It may be meaning “the file is too large” as well, if the file system is FAT and the file is larger than 4GB or so.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.