synthing relay 1.15.0 update crashes on ubuntu 20 server

I used syncthing official PPA to install syncthing relay, today’s update of version 1.15.0 fails with this error on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS.

Error:

Setting up syncthing-relaysrv (1.15.0) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/syncthing-relaysrv.postinst: 11: Syntax error: "else" unexpected
dpkg: error processing package syncthing-relaysrv (--configure):
 installed syncthing-relaysrv package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 2
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) ...
Processing triggers for ufw (0.36-6) ...
Rules updated for profile 'syncthing'
Skipped reloading firewall
Errors were encountered while processing:
 syncthing-relaysrv
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Maybe it would be good to update to v1.15.1 first.

I have no server devices but some desktop devices with Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa, based on Ubuntu, I dont know, if make any difference. On all that devices the current version is running smoothly.

How do I update to v1.15.1?

I use the Linux Mint APP “Updatemanagement” and alternate on the terminal the sequence

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get install -f

But this sequence is not specific for Syncthing, is used for the whole system. I install regarding the description from the Syncthing instruction

https://syncthing.net/downloads/#Debian

and maybe you used a different way and the above update sequence maybe is not working.

I am not taking about syncthing but syncthing relay server. Both are different. But thanks anyways :slight_smile:

This is a open bug on github as shown by previous comment. I guess I’ll have to wait for the fix.

:scream: :face_with_monocle:

This fix worked

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.