[Synology] Permission on custom folder

Hello,

Using Syncthing on my Synology DS-213j, I had to reinstall it, and then I can’t get back to my previous worked config… When I add the share point, it displays me the following errors :

2018-10-28 19:02:10: Loading ignores: open /volume1/photo/Emilie/.stignore: permission denied

2018-10-28 19:02:10: Failed to create folder marker: stat /volume1/photo/Emilie/.stfolder: permission denied

2018-10-28 19:02:10: Error on folder "EMINI-NAS/photos" (ghmg4-iavme): stat /volume1/photo/Emilie/.stfolder: permission denied

I’m using the latest version of Syncthing (v0.14.51) onlatest DSM (DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 1). As I can see, there were improve related to files’s permission management in latest version (see “Integrate with DSM5+6 Generic Service support fro correct permissions”). And I’ve added the directory “/volume1/photo/Emilie/” to the “sc-syncthing” group (“admin” as owner).

What’s wrong according to you, please ?

Thanks for your incoming answer.

Well, syncthing is not permissioned in the directories in question, as to why, you have to figure out yourself.

Hello @AudriusButkevicius !

Yea, we had a similar problem previously :/…

It seems that the group right was removed for a reason I don’t get… anyway, performing the “chmod 775” on the directories and its content seems to fix the problem. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.