Synology media indexing

I’m starting another thread while I’m watching my 2 synology nas performing their first sync, hoping it will work…

The synology boxes come with well integrated web-application keeping a library of all media files such as pictures, audio or video.

The issue is that when using ssh or 3rd party programs to modify files on the filesystem, the medi indexes of the synology box (contained in “@eaDir” hidden folders) does not get updated…

The indexes only get updated when files are modified through synology web-apps or their custom samba shares.

I had the exact same issue when downloading files with Transmission, and found out that the synology OS does not include libinotify, and therefore, it does not monitor changes on the filesystem when done by 3rd party programs such as syncthings. The issue is confirmed : my sync is still in progress, but already several files have been added to the filesystem, but none of them are indexed by synology…

Luckyly, synology provides a little binary, and the community has enhaced it essentially buiding a script that scans the synology indexes and add the missing files.

My feature-request : have the ability to setup syncthings to call a custom script after a file has been changed by it. I believe it would make sens to be able to call this script each time syncthings reaches a fully synced state on a folder (ie. when syncthings starts “sleeping” waiting for changes…)

I couldn’t find hints to such a feature in the doc or help, but maybe I’ve missed it, so pardon my ignorance if it already exists…

Thank you for your consideration, Best regards, toxic0.

It’s not a bad suggestion, it’s been mentioned once or twice but not so far given any serious amount of though.