SynoCommunity Syncthing package, update 1.19.0-24 (for Synology)

Yes. I think i need to reconfig SC. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Yeah, that’s why I personally don’t like any of those pre-built devices, but they seem to be quite popular, and unfortunately many (if not most) of them also seem to come with heavily outdated OS out of the box, so unless they get significant updates with time, they become obsolete very quick :slightly_frowning_face:.

1 Like

There is unfortunately this extreme contradiction at Synology (but also at others …) that even in the newest DSM, because here with DSM 6.2.4 in each case the current DSM 6 version is installed, nevertheless outdated components are contained, here now the kernel. The outdated kernels are also in other forums again and again a much-discussed topic. And also DSM 7 is not better in a clarity, as that would be desirable.

1 Like

I‘ve updated syncthing today on my ds118 with dsm7 and now it is not starting anymore. 1.19.25 was fine How can I downgrade to this version again?

Same issue here. The right software for your “rtd1296” platform you can download here

What was your last updated version of Syncthing with the package 1.19.0-25?

How can I change it via console? I have ssh access but never changed any package

The latest syncthing version was 1.20.1. I made the update direct from the webui and it worked. Only as soon I did the package update it failed

You need entrance as root. You jump to folder

root/var/packages/syncthing

and open the file INFO. You find as parameter version="1.20.0-26" or similar, modify it maybe to version=“1.18.0-26”, so is lower as the version 1.19.0-25 you want to install.

After that, the installation should normally work.

I think figuring out why the upgrade failed or what exactly is going wrong is a more sensible approach than fiddling with package internal version strings. Have you looked at the log file? Should be in

/var/packages/syncthing/var/syncthing.log
/var/log/packages/syncthing.log

If you save the contents of that var directory and restore them later (while Syncthing is stopped), a fresh install of the same version would be another possible solution. I’d really like to get some info on why sometimes upgrades seem to fail for some people, so we can fix the underlying issues.

I just restarted the packages without any modification and now it works. nothing has changed. don’t know why there are no errors in the log files.

Found the issue. And it is a stupid one I‘m using Firefox on my iPad. And it seems Firefox is not bringing up the login prompt for the webui. Therefore I thought it was not working. In Safari it works. All fine and sorry for the confusion

I think in my case it is the kernel problem. I uninstalled syncthing, reinstalled the v19 an changed the autoupdate parameter in the config file. This took me a few minutes to find😉.