Synctrazer triggering avast

Just downloaded the x64 exe of synctrazer and avast has flagged it being infected with Alexa.51

Are you sure it’s flagging SyncTrayzor and not the syncthing.exe file?

Why, are we more infected by Alexa.51 than you are? :wink:

You’ve had plenty of false positives, I haven’t had any. Most likely due to the fact that you actually do useful synchronisation work and I just make some http requests.

If it’s you, it’s most likely yet another false positive. If it’s me, I need to start finding out where they got it from, etc…

1 Like

Yeah, I was just kidding. It probably is Syncthing, and very hopefully still false. The Go binary structure is still unusual enough to baffle some antivirus scanners, it seems.

Although I had a brief moment of “yay, false positive on someone else for a change”! :–)

1 Like

Not sure, it’s on father in-laws laptop. When I get it back from him tomorrow I can have a proper look. It would appear avast actually deleted the installation, all I was left with was a broken short cut. I’ll have a better look tomorrow but thought it was worth posting.

1 Like

Ok so this morning everything went swimmingly well, a fresh install and no problems all is working lovely. I blame windows.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.