Synctrayzor IDE password

s there a way to enter a password when entering the Synctrayzor? The idea is that a normal user can not modify or look at the configuration so easy. Even if it were as simple to circumvent as to edit a text, it will always be better to do it with a simple click.

If you do not have the option, I think it would be interesting in pc that several people use it. For the rest, simple software that has left me very impressed. Essential!!!

a greeting

Are you sure you mean IDE there? “IDE” is an Integrated Development Environment, used for writing code. SyncTrayzor is not an IDE.

No. I know of no other applications which actively stop the user from using them, and SyncTrayzor is no exception.

If you have multiple people using a computer, then each will have its own SyncTrayzor and Syncthing configuration, so they can’t edit each others’ configuration, so I’m not sure what the value of this would be.

If you have multiple people using a computer, then each will have its own SyncTrayzor and Syncthing configuration, so they can’t edit each others’ configuration, so I’m not sure what the value of this would be.

DE I’m sorry, I mean the configuration menu of the application (not web).

In some scenarios, there is an administrator and a lot of curious users sharing an account. For example, a general backup of all the data in a folder shared by all.

Once configured, no one should touch the configuration, or see the id number, just work with that folder. It would be like an unattended installation.

For example, you can have your router adsl with password to access the configuration to prevent users from being able to modify. They should only use the internet. You can also see this possibility in some antivirus.

The idea is to have an ADMIN PASSWORD field in the configuration, if this empty enters normal in the menu, otherwise ask the password.

I just wanted to know if there is any way to do it now. If it is not, it is only a humble suggestion in case it is interesting to implement in the future.

It is not something of the highest priority. :wink:

(My English is bad, the translator is sometimes worse)

The best way to do this would be to run Syncthing as another user than the shared account. Give that user access to the files it needs to sync. Do not give the shared account access to the Syncthing config files (this should be the default). Do not run Synctrayzor as the shared account.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.