Syncthing Windows Setup v1.19.1

Syncthing Windows Setup is a lightweight yet full-featured Windows installer.

Documentation and download: GitHub - Bill-Stewart/SyncthingWindowsSetup: Syncthing Windows Setup

Summary of installer features:

• Installs the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit version of Syncthing using a single installer

• Supports administrative (all users) and non administrative (current user) installation

• When installing for all users, installs Syncthing as a Windows service using NSSM

• When installing for the current user, supports creating a scheduled task that starts Syncthing at logon

• Supports adding a Windows Firewall rule

• Supports silent (hands-free) installation

Problems with this installer? Please file an issue on the issues page.

Thanks!

Bill

4 Likes

Used it to install Syncthing on Windows Server a few weeks ago. Absolutely flawless experience :+1:

Thanks for the feedback!

This has not been linked to from the documentation, has it? Would you be interested to have it mentioned under Community Contributions — Syncthing v1.19.1-11-g8d51194 documentation and / or Starting Syncthing Automatically — Syncthing v1.19.1-11-g8d51194 documentation? You’re very welcome to start a PR for it, or yell if you’d like assistance.

I am not too familiar with a GitHub PR (is this “pull request”)?

If it’s simple, I don’t mind adding it, or if you already have access, you can add it if you like.

Thanks!

Bill

On the bottom of each page, there is an “Edit on Github” link. It takes you to the online editing experience for the respective source file and allows you to make a PR (yes, pull request) with the entered changes.

Forking the GitHub - syncthing/docs: Documentation site repo, editing locally, pushing to your fork and then creating a Pull Request from that fork back to the upstream repo would be the more traditional way.

2 Likes

Hi! It’d be great if we can have a way to install Syncthing via built-in package manager called winget. Now it’s possible to add a software there to pretty much every developer. Hope you consider adding yours :slight_smile:

Documentation: Submit packages to Windows Package Manager | Microsoft Docs

Great job man, I was working for that with powershell and it was a nightmare (languages, yet installed? / config-dir found ? / set default path for new folders in %userprofile% or elsewhere
 I guess I’ll try your own soon.

I took a stab at adding it to the docs here:

Feel free to comment there if you’d like some different description.

Looks good to me, thanks!

config.xml

The configuration file, in XML format.

cert.pem, key.pem

The device’s ECDSA public and private key. These form the basis for the device ID. The key must be kept private.

https-cert.pem, https-key.pem

The certificate and key for HTTPS GUI connections. These may be replaced with a custom certificate for HTTPS as desired.

csrftokens.txt

A list of recently issued CSRF tokens (for protection against browser cross site request forgery).

The database is stored either in the same directory as the config (usually the default), but may also be located in one of the following directories (Unix-like platforms only):

• If a database exists in the old default location, that location is still used.
  • If $XDG_DATA_HOME is set, use $XDG_DATA_HOME/syncthing.
  • If ~/.local/share/syncthing exists, use that location.
  • Use the old default location (same as config).

Did you have a question, or
?