This is the first beta release of the upcoming v0.14 release. This release introduces a new, future extensible sync protocol and corresponding changes to local discovery and the database. The purpose of this change is to avoid having to do breaking changes to the protocol in the future.
This v0.14 beta can only talk to other v0.14 clients, beta or future. A full rehashing of the folder contents will happen on first restart. To roll back to a v0.13 release, simply download and run a v0.13 Syncthing.
Resolved issues since v0.13.10:
- #3346: Discovery results now respects address family for listen addresses.
- #3080: The sync protocol, local discovery protocol and database format is now based on protocol buffers.
- #3227: File names ending in space are now correctly marked as invalid on Windows.
- #3278: Local discovery now quickly detects other local devices on restart.
- #3077: A race condition causing a deadlock on folder addition is fixed.