Hi, I have troubles to sync AND version files from customized (“read-only”) windows folders.
What do I have:
a station/client under Windows 10 - SyncTrayzor 1.1.22 - Syncthing 0.14.51
a server: Debian 9 - Syncthing 0.14.18-dfsg1
and a test folder - on Windows - with its content:
D:\LetMeTry (this one is customized, so “read-only”, but it does not seem to change anything)
- SampleProject (this one is customized, so “read-only”)
- SampleProject - Copy (this one is “normal”)
The folder “LetMeTry” is synced from the station Windows 10 (no change in setting, so no versioning) to the Debian server where Simple versioning is set.
Any change done on Windows “LetMeTry\SampleProject - Copy\readme.txt” is synced and versionned as expected on the server.
Any change done on Windows “LetMeTry\SampleProject\readme.txt” provokes
- on the client Windows the blue information “Syncing (99%, 14B)” which stays forever,
- on the server the red “Out of Sync” message, nothing synced or versionned.
- a click on the failed item on the server gives the “permission denied” information.
- There is a “.syncthing.readme.txt.tmp” file in the right folder but the “readme.txt” is still the old one, both are writable.
The only way out is to root delete “readme.txt” on the server.
I expected to be able to modify any file from any folder and sync these modifications without manual intervention. So what am I doing wrong? Is there any test or information I should look for?