I have Syncthing running on multiple Windows machines using SyncTrayzor with no issues. But on one of them I noticed the sync wasn’t running anymore since a few weeks, it turns out that Syncthing fails to start every time with the following log output:
Starting Syncthing.exe from command line does the same. I uninstalled SyncTrayzor, cleaned all leftovers from %appData% and reinstalled, also replaced the SyncTrayzor-distributed syncthing.exe with latest 1.18.0 from github with no change. I created a whole new user account to try there on a clean sheet, same issue.
Unfortunately don’t have any earlier logs since this stopped working weeks ago and those that were still there were just endless repeats of what I posted above. Here’s the synctrayzor output and a log from syncthing with STTRACE=app,walkfs
Wow, found it by chance.
Was going to set up to build on that machine, and when going to clone the repo git happened to also have broken, also with a null-related error - and searching for that I found this:
I did indeed have the Null service missing for some reason, and reinstating it fixed both git and syncthing.