Syncthing doesn't work anymore

Hello,

for some weeks now, syncthing doesn’t work anymore. I am using syncthing to connect two systems (Windows and Linux) in my homeoffice.

On the windows system, the terminal says “WARNING: Syncthing stopped with error: adding : checking globals: leveldb/table: corruption on data-block (pos=0): checksum mismatch, want=0x10b72738 got=0x4dc35bf2 [file=045150.ldb]”

Can anyone help? I would be very grateful.

Best regards Wal

Sounds like a corrupted database. You should check your hardware.

You can reset the database though:

https://docs.syncthing.net/users/syncthing.html#cmdoption-reset-database

1 Like

Hello,

@bt90: Thanks, the reset of the database works.

After weeks of not synchronizing, there are a lot of files with conflicts now, that is unavoidable, and I can handle that.

Some new files can’t synchronize, because of invalid file names. That’s not a problem either. But now the Web-GUI says “out of sync”, even after starting a new scan. How can I get the status “synchronized” again?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards Wal

Check for failed items and reasons for why they fail, otherwise post screenshots from both sides.

Hello again,

after deleting some files, the Linux system reports “up to date” again. But the Windows system lists 705 failed items, saying “name is invalid, contains Windows reserved character (?, *, etc.)” (Yes, all the items contain at least some exotic character.)

Is there a faster way to get the status “up to date” than renaming or deleting all the files? Caring for 705 items would take a lot of time. (Perhaps a feature like “ignore all the listed files in the future” or something else?)

Again, thanks in advance and best regards Wal

No, sadly if the files cannot be represented sensibly across multiple platforms, you have to attend to them manually.

Hello again,

too bad, that means some work… But many thanks for the fast reply!

Best regards Wal

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.