Syncthing Android Client Not Working

The Syncthing app was working smooth on my Note 8 which running on Android 7.0 however as I have updated to Android 8.0 today whenever now I open the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

Start with the easy steps. Close out all apps and clear the device RAM, then try opening again and see if this still happens.

If you do not have much data or shared folders on the device is might be worth clearing the app data completely and trying to open it with a clean slate and re-link. Again only do this though if you have very little data and can easily relink.

Another possibility is that it is an Android 8.0 issue with the app on the Note 8. Maybe wait until the next release of the Syncthing Android app and try opening it again. Very possibly might resolve the issue.

Hi Schnappi thanks a lot for your response just to update you real quick, after I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Syncthing app from play store it has been running smooth once again! :slight_smile:

Garry Joshi

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.