Syncing /Signal/Backups

Hey, all.

So, I’m trying to sync /Signal/Backups on my android phone to my desktop.

Obligatory: yes, I know syncthing isn’t designed to be a backup solution. I’m open to alternatives, but I really just want an easy way to get the backup files off my phone and onto my (regularly backed-up) desktop.

Set it up yesterday and everything synced fine.

At midnight last night, Signal created a backup file (which it does every night).

This morning, I found that the new backup was not on my desktop. Checked Syncthing on my phone and saw: “Error (folder marker missing)”

OK. Maybe Signal deleted /.stfolder when it created the new backup. So I Plug in my phone (since I don’t happen to know how to view dot files in android) and go to /Signal/Backups.

Surprise! /.stfolder is still there. But for some reason, I can’t see the backup files themselves. I know they’re there (I can see them with my phone’s file manager). But for some reason my desktop can’t see them.

I realize this is probably a signal problem and not a syncthing problem (I’m doing the same thing with Whatsapp/Backups and it works fine). But I know there are people here who use this with Signal. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Solved. Signal problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.