Synchronize two folders within same NAS

Hi,

I would like to synchronize two folders within same Synology NAS but I’m pretty new in the Syncthing and I can’t not imagine how I can configure it. Anyone can help us, please? Thanks in advance.

Syncthing does not sync local folders, it only syncs across the network.

It is true that Syncthing, which is normally running as a single instance on a device, is not designed to implement local synchronizations.

But there are detours which require experience. First, is good to read the documentation, all about that fine tool and follow below

https://docs.syncthing.net/intro/getting-started.html

If you have several devices and only one or two directories that need to be synced locally, you can also do this with a cross-sync by using the second device to create this split. This requires attention, since, for example, deleting one of these connections may cause a malfunction in the cross connection. This can be remedied by disconnecting and reconnecting.

Shouldn’t that be an “elegant” way for you there is a not entirely normal way of enabling local copies between several and differently installed instances on one Synology. This requires special knowledge, skilled handling of the console and the Synology Linux system, etc. Since you are new to Syncthing, you should be very sensitive to these things and experiments and also know where which installation files and user data are stored. If you want to try that, you should first make a backup of your system and data and create a test environment until you can safely use it.

If several instances are installed, the port settings are the most important, so that there are no mutual obstructions and unnecessary disadvantages in performance. In my case I have 3 instances running on my Synology NAS´s including one Docker instance each. The ports are assigned accordingly

Instance 1: Discovery 22000, Announce 21027, GUI 8384, [ff12::8384]:21027 (SPK Kastelo)
Instance 2: Discovery 22001, Announce 21028, GUI 8385, [ff12::8385]:21028 (SPK Safihre)
Instance 3: Discovery 22002, Announce 21029, GUI 8386, [ff12::8386]:21029 (Docker)

Which Synology do you have and which package do you have installed?

Thanks Andy for detailed explanation. I have only one device DS1817+ and installed the SPK Safihre package.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.