I’ve a strange issue, synchronization seems to halt, even when not in sync, there is no progress to see in the console window.
This is the setup
My “Master” is a win 10 machine, x64, with syncthing 0.14.5 3 folders defined, each from a network share of a NAS, each defined as master
My “other” node is also a win 10 machine, x64, syncthing 0.14.5 the same 3 folders defined, each from a network share of a nas
for now (testing) they are on the same lan
I would like to use it as a secondary backup solution, so the master should sync to the “other” node, the master should override anything on the other node, kind of like a mirror
the 3 folders are “public” “private” and “sw”
on the master, after the initial scan:
- sw: local state = 47817 items, ~661 GiB
- private: local state = 42988 items, ~346 GiB
- public local state = 3669 items, ~148 GiB
what happens: I paused both devices, so the scan could run without interference. I had both nodes do the initial scan, the destination node (“other”) already has most of the files, but there is of course a difference. Then I “unpaused” and after a while, I could see the out of sync items on my destination, and on the master I had the button “override changes”. I clicked it, and almost immediately, I saw the master suddenly become “up do date”. Which in reality is not yet true, as it still had to sync a lot to the destination??? In the console I could see it sending updates to the destination node.
On the destination node, I could see those updates come in, and then … it became quiet… nothing happens in the console, for one of the folders I see Completion for folder “sw” on device x-x-x-x-x-x-x-xis 100% but in the webgui, I see:
Global State 47817 items, ~661 GiB Local State 47305 items, ~642 GiB Out of Sync Items 48040 items, ~661 GiB
something similar for the private folder
only the public folder seems to be fine.
I did check with another sync and comparison software:
- about 23GB or 657 files need to be added on the destination
- about 4GB or 183 files need to be deleted on the destination and so on
so here are my questions
- what is happening with the sync?
- why does the master show up-to-date while in reality they are definitely not in sync?
- on the destination, the sw folder never seemed to be finished with initial scan (no date and time for “last scan”)
- what other options to I have to force an update to the destination, from the master
I restarted the whole process 2 times already (clear the db at both sides, and redo the initial scan) which takes about 2 days to complete