Synced Files Do Not Exists

Synced files show as synced to a mounted directory from my NAS (Synology via Docker) but when I go to the directory, they are not there. Has any every ran into this issue?

Shows synced on both ends (remote server and my local NAS).

Does the nas represent the path entered into synching as a symlink internally? Some NAS models do this. You can check with my ls -a -l (path) if it shows “->” signalling that it is a symlink. Those are handled differently by syncthing.

Are you sure you are looking at the right folder. I would triple check the the path

******@******:/volume1$ dir
total 2076
drwxr-xr-x   1 root   root       248 Oct 20 06:26 .
drwxr-xr-x  21 root   root      4096 Oct 20 06:27 ..
drwxr-xr-x   1 root   root       160 Oct 20 07:00 @appstore
drwx------   1 root   root         0 Oct 11 02:13 @autoupdate
drwxr-xr-x   1 admin  users       76 Sep  9 10:27 @database
drwxrwxrwx+  1 root   root       226 Oct 20 11:27 DBPrivateDrive
drwxrwxrwx+  1 root   root        30 Oct 20 11:27 docker
drwx--x--x   1 root   root       122 Oct 20 06:41 @docker
drwxr-xr-x   1 125560 125560      12 Oct  9 19:08 @download
drwxrwxrwx+  1 root   root       102 Oct 20 07:09 @eaDir
drwxrwxrwx+  1 root   root        30 Oct 20 11:27 NetBackup
drwxrwxrwx+  1 root   root        74 Oct 20 11:27 Plex
drwxrwxrwx+  1    911    911     108 Oct 20 08:31 Public
drwxr-xr-x   1 root   root        24 Sep  9 10:27 @S2S
-rw-------   1 root   root   2334720 Oct 19 20:04 @synocgid.core
drwxrwxrwt   1 root   root        72 Oct 20 07:09 @tmp

The volume (public) does not appear to be using a symbolic links.

I have triple checked the folder, it is still shows it being empty. The folder path even autofills in Syncthing’s folder set up. There is even a .Sync folder that was made in that folder already that I can see.

Edit:

In Syncthing I see the parent folder to the folder I’m syncing to is “/mnt/Public/rest of my path”, in Docker, I have the container volume mapped as such: File Folder = Public (the share’s main directory), mount path = “/public/” with type “rw”. Did I do something wrong here? If so, where the heck are these files going instead of the intended directory?

Thanks for providing more info. From the listing we can exclude symlinks as a cause. Can you enable syncthing scanner and/or fs debug facility and post a log please? I’d suspect a permission problem then…?!

Syncthing does not create .Sync directories. I am pretty sure your setup is borked if you have things mounted inside containers, etc, and you need to unwind that.

Thanks guys for your help. After much troubleshooting I found that my volume mount path was incorrect in docker (still can’t locate those files)! For some reason, /mnt/my path is incorrect? Instead it just mounted to the main home directory for Syncthing.

Now I’m troubleshooting abysmal transfer rates. Any tips? I’ve upped copiers to 256 on both my remote Seedbox and local NAS. This same Nas and Seedbox sees 80+mb/s transfer rates via FTP with 10 simultaneous threads but with Syncthing I’m seeing about 700kb/s.

Syncthing has large overvead per file, so if its tons of tiny files, it will be slow.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.