Sync issue

Hi. My notification says 70% complete all the time. Is there something I can do. I have tried restarting all devices but still there.

Without details about the types of devices involved (e.g., Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS) it’s very difficult to diagnose. Screenshots of settings and a copy of the log would be very helpful.

Expanding the device panel that’s reporting 70% complete will show how many items are out of sync (a clickable link). Click the link and a pop-up displays the list of files that are pending.

Some of the most common things that can prevent a 100% sync include:

• Filenames with characters that are allowed on the source folder but not the destination folder. For example, Windows doesn’t allow the following 9 characters when naming files and folders, /\:*"?<>|, while Linux and macOS allow some or all of them.
  • Permissions on the source or destination (e.g., Syncthing cannot read the affected files from the source or write to the destination).
  • Conflicts from different versions of a files across different devices.

Is there any way to see if its a filename issue?

Please show screenshots of the Syncthing Web GUI from all devices.

Yes, you’ll have to review the list of items that are out of sync.

Are you sure that all folders shared with the respective device have been accepted on the other side? That could also lead to incomplete sync status.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.