Sync Apple Photos Library on macOS to Syncthing Server

Hello, I want to use Syncthing to backup my Photos library on my Mac to my TrueNAS server running Syncthing.

So, I added the “Photos” folder to the Syncthing server on my Mac, and when it scans the folder it finds the “Photos Library.photoslibrary” and all of the subfolders inside of the package’s contents. However, Syncthing on my Mac says it can’t sync the library folder because “Operation not permitted”. Hovering over the error says: “scan: open /Users/ralph/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary: operation not permitted”. All the folders in the library have the error “syncing: checking parent dirs: /Users/ralph/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary: operation not permitted”.

So, what would be the best option to back up my Photos library using Syncthing? I guess I don’t really need the whole library, just the photos in it.

You need to go to system preferences, privacy settings, and grant Syncthing access to photos or full disk access.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.